Ian McEwan, Caroline O’Donoghue, Daisy Buchanan, Holly Bourne, Caryl Phillips, R. R. Haywood, Jess Kidd, Claire McGlasson, Anna Fielding and Leena Normington take part in live podcast stream at LBF
The London Book Fair (LBF) has announced it will host a line-up of live podcasts as part of the Fair’s extensive programme of events.
Featuring some of the most exciting podcasters in the book world today, the line-up includes:
- Author and podcaster, Caroline O’Donoghue, will interview Children’s Author of the Day, Holly Bourne, for her chick lit podcast Sentimental Garbage (Thursday 14 March, 4pm)
- Author and podcaster Daisy Buchanan, will interview bestselling author Deborah Moggach for her podcast You’re Booked (Tuesday 12 March, 5pm)
- Vintage Books podcast, hosted by Trailblazer Award winner Leena Normington, will interview Ian McEwan and Tuesday’s Author of the Day, Caryl Phillips, among other guests (Tuesday 12 March, Ian McEwan at 2pm, and Caryl Phillips at 4:30pm)
- Read Like a Writer – the podcast from the Faber & Faber, Serpent’s Tail and Canongate – will host a live session on historical fiction. Host Anna Fielding will be joined by Jess Kidd (Things in Jars, a historical detective novel that explores what it is to be human in inhuman times, is published in April 2019 by Canongate), and Claire McGlasson (The Rapture, a riveting novel based on a true story, is published in June by Faber) (Wednesday 13th March, 12:30pm)
- Audible Sessions Live: RR Haywood, author of the Extracted series and Audible Original The Worldship Humility, in conversation with Robin Morgan-Bentley (Wednesday 13 March, 2pm)
- Radix will host a live podcast session with former Secretary of State for Health and Leader of the House of Commons and Conservative MP, Andrew Lansley (Thursday 14 March, 10:30am)
Each live podcast event will take place on LBF’s Fireside Chat Stage.
Jacks Thomas, Director of The London Book Fair, commented: “Podcasts are one of the most exciting new media channels for the publishing sector today. We’re delighted to have such inspirational podcasters taking part in LBF for the first time, and to be celebrating today’s top podcasters at the UK Book Blog Awards. Each of these podcasters does a huge amount to promote books and authors to a wide range audiences.”
The London Book Fair is also celebrating podcasters for the first time as part of its UK Book Blog Awards, which were launched in 2018. The winners of this year’s UK Book Blog Awards will be announced at the Fair on Thursday 14 March.