The London Book Fair launches inaugural
UK Book Blog Awards
The hunt to find the most influential
book bloggers, bookstagrammers and booktubers is on
London, 14 February 2017: The London Book Fair is delighted to announce the launch of the first ever UK Book Blog Awards @ LBF – a new initiative designed to celebrate social media influencers and their important contribution to the book industry.
A new feature for LBF 2018, this will be the first time this community has been officially recognised and rewarded by the British publishing industry.
Bloggers, social media influencers, members of the publishing industry, and the general public are invited to nominate the best book blogs, bookstagrammers and booktubers across three categories:
- Book Blogger of the Year
- Bookstagrammer of the Year
- BookTuber of the Year
Once the shortlist has been revealed, a panel of judges will select one winner in each category, who will be honoured at a special awards ceremony at The London Book Fair. In addition, the Fair will introduce new seminars and networking events aimed at bringing the social media influencer community closer to the publishing world.
Jacks Thomas, Director at The London Book Fair commented: “Book bloggers are an increasingly important part of the book world. Their passion for authors, genres and books is integral in reaching new audiences. We’re really excited to be launching the inaugural UK Book Blog Awards @ LBF and recognising the crucial role social influencers play in the promotion of books.”
The awards are open to any blogger, YouTuber or Instagrammer that features books published in the UK and/or UK authors. To put forward a nomination, or to nominate your own blog/Instagram account/YouTube channel visit: www.londonbookfair.co.uk/UKBookBlogAwards
– Ends –
For further information please contact Edwina Boyd-Gibbins at Midas Public Relations on 0207 361 7860 firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
THE LONDON BOOK FAIR (LBF)
The London Book Fair (LBF) is the global marketplace for rights negotiation and the sale and distribution of content across print, audio, TV, film and digital channels. Taking place every spring in the world’s premier publishing and cultural capital, it is a unique opportunity to explore, understand and capitalise on the innovations shaping the publishing world of the future. LBF brings you direct access to customers, content and emerging markets. LBF 2018, the 47th Fair, will take place from 10 – 12 April 2018, Olympia London. LBF’s London Book and Screen Week will run for the third year, with the book fair as the pivotal three-day event within a seven-day programme. For further information, please visit: www.londonbookfair.co.uk
REED EXHIBITIONS BOOKS & PUBLISHING
Reed Exhibitions Books & Publishing portfolio consists of six trade and public book fairs taking place in some of the most important and dynamic book markets in the world: Brazil, France, Japan, UK and USA. Bienal do Livro São Paulo, BookExpo America, eBooks, Salon du Livre, The London Book Fair and Tokyo International Book Fair, collectively attract over 770,000 participants and 2,600 primary exhibitors and rights centre table holders, interested in buying or selling intellectual property rights, buying, selling or specifying titles, discovering the latest trends in publishing, understanding new markets or meeting authors and discovering new titles.
Working closely with professional bodies, trades associations and government departments, Reed Exhibitions Books & Publishing portfolio ensures that each and every event is targeted and relevant to the book and publishing industry’s needs. As a result many of Reed Exhibitions books and publishing events are leaders in their markets.
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organizer, with over 500 events in 41 countries. In 2012 Reed brought together seven million active event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 34 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 44 industry sectors with trade and consumer events and is part of the Reed Elsevier Group, a world leading provider of professional information solutions. www.reedexpo.com
THE LONDON BOOK FAIR UK BOOK BLOG AWARDS – TERMS & CONDITIONS
- THE UK BOOK BLOG AWARDS 2018 are open to any blogger, YouTuber or Instagrammer who features books published in the UK and/or UK authors.
- The blogger, YouTuber or Instagrammer may be located anywhere in the world, but to be eligible to win they must be able to collect their award in person at The London Book Fair, or send a representative.
- Blogs, Instagram profiles, and YouTube channels can be entered by the brand owners, affiliates, or members of the public.
- The deadline for entries is 12pm (noon) on Friday 2 March 2018 (the “Closing Date”).
- Judging: a panel of expert judges will decide a shortlist of three entries per category, one of whom will be the overall winner in each category.
- The Judges’ decision is final on all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the judging panel feels that none of the entries in a category reaches the standard outlined to them in guidance notes, The London Book Fair may (under exceptional circumstances) cancel the category.
- The Winners will be announced at The London Book Fair, 10-12 April 2018