Job Title: Marketing & Conference Coordinator
5 month fixed term contract position (November 2019 to March 2020)
Reports to: Conference Manager
Based at: Richmond, Surrey, UK
The London Book Fair (LBF) is a leading exhibition for the publishing industry, based in the world’s creative capital, London. As well as the flagship event, the team organise a consumer-facing book and screen festival (London Book & Screen Week) and an exciting and varied programme of trade and consumer satellite events all over the world.
LBF is currently looking for a motivated and creative Coordinator to join its friendly and innovative conference team. This is a diverse role with the opportunity to work on a multi-platform marketing, conference, seminar, awards and events campaign.
The role is extremely varied and provides excellent exposure to all elements of the conference and events mix from traditional through to digital. The role involves providing administrative support to the team, assisting them in delivering over 200 seminars and events onsite at show. It will suit an ambitious and enthusiastic team player who has strong attention to detail and is keen to gain experience at a world-leading event organiser, on an established brand event.
The successful candidate will join the team to work on The London Book Fair (LBF) which takes place on 10-12 March 2020 at Olympia, London.
- Collation and gathering of all seminar information including session titles, synopses, speaker biographies and photos (circa 500 speakers)
- Acting as a point-of-contact for external seminar organisers and speakers
- Uploading of seminar and conference information to website and general web-editing
- Updating and maintaining seminars and events schedule
- Overall assistance and support for conferences as required – digital and traditional forms of media
- Providing venue with up-to-date events schedule
- Preparing rotas for, and coordination of seminar and events SPOCs (Single point of contact) team comprising
- Scheduling for the onsite temporary support team who will assist with conferences/seminars
- Co-ordination, scheduling, troubleshooting and invoicing of hired room bookings (A/V and catering handled by separate contacts)
- Organisation and invoicing for non-online and free-of-charge bookings for paid-for conferences
- Co-ordination of paid-for delegate lists and badges for conferences (liaising with registration team if necessary)
- Assisting with co-ordination of speaker gifts for conferences/awards
- Assisting in production of print collateral – seminar onsite guide document and signage for seminar, conference and events programme
- Creation and proofing of seminar/events holding slides
- Assisting with organisation of speaker registration
- Assisting with team admin inboxes, updating visitor and exhibitor database information, fulfilling co-branded registration form requests
- Website research / database creation
- Collaborating with Marketing to pro-actively seek out creative ways to promote the conferences/seminars/awards
- Assistance with Post show statistics and analysis
- Assisting with the coordination of media and association partnerships
Ideal candidate profile:
This position requires an articulate, enthusiastic, creative, hardworking team player with a proven track record in administration who can demonstrate the following:
- Excellent copywriting and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong time and project management skills
- Good multi-tasking skills including ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience in an event, exhibition or publishing background would be an advantage
If this position interests you or you know someone it would, please send written applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter and your salary expectations. Or you can apply online at www.reedexpo.com.
Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to respond to all applications individually. Therefore, if you are not contacted by the company within the next three weeks, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING CV’S FROM AGENCIES. THEREFORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO US OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND APPLY ONLINE.